Denise Goldberg's blog

A coastline beckons
Rocks and crashing waves, an enticement for bicycle and camera

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Photos: Saco Heath

At first, I was thinking of finding a place to ride today somewhere between my home in northeastern Massachusetts and my B&B for the night in Camdem, ME. But then, I decided to do my wandering today by foot.

I first discovered the Saco Heath last December when I was looking for a new place to wander on a cold and somewhat snowy day. This beautiful space is owned by The Nature Conservancy. While I did see a couple of other people during my wanderings there, most of the time I was alone to absorb the beauty.

If you'd like to see this place in a very different season, jump over to my photo gallery Saco Bay by foot - December 2006. Now that I've seen the heath in winter and at the beginning of autumn, I need to try to visit in the springtime when it is starting to come back to life after the winter.