Denise Goldberg's blog

A coastline beckons
Rocks and crashing waves, an enticement for bicycle and camera

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pictures? Yes, of course there are more!

I had two things I wanted to do on this trip - ride my bicycle, and play with my camera. Doing both made me happy, and both contributed to the success of my trip.

A good number of pictures are included within this journal, but as appears to be normal for me, there are more in my photo galleries. Yes, there is an overlap; there are photos in both places that also exist in the other, but there are also photos that can only be seen in one place.

There are 5 photo galleries within my travel category page A coastline beckons - September 2007. You can start at this top level, or you can go directly to the individual galleries:
  • Images of Acadia - this gallery contains photos of Acadia National Park taken over four days. The changing light conditions were due both to weather / sunlight conditions as well as the fact that I wandered Park Loop Road multiple times each day, once by bike, and once by other transportation modes. This gallery also includes shots of the sunset from the top of Cadillac Mountain.


    A book! Photos from my Images of Acadia gallery are now available in book form.
    Images of Acadia - September 2007


  • Looping eastern Mount Desert Island - The photos in this gallery are from the day I wandered on Mount Desert Island outside of the park, as described in my Sun kissed journal entry.

  • Contrasting old & new structures - pictures of the new Penobscot Narrows Bridge, and the old, Fort Knox, in Prospect, Maine. I was fascinated by the new bridge...

  • Mid-coast to Deer Isle - contains photos of my stay in Camden, of my loop ride heading south of there, and of a quick ride on Deer Isle.

  • Saco Heath - photos taken as I walked through the Saco Heath peat bog. This walking stop was a perfect break in my drive from home to Camden. I visited Saco Heath for the first time in December, and I found the difference in my two visits to be amazing.

    (If you're interested, photos from my first visit can be found in the gallery Saco Bay by foot - December 2006.)